Heber was very excited to fly on the plane. He was a little impatient at the slow start demanding that we go "up". When the plane finally took off his response was, "the plane's being funny".
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
It snowed yesterday evening and last night, leaving us with this white blanket of snow. Undaunted, I bundled up and went outside at 7 am to do a morning run. I got to the end of the street and turned around to finish up on the exercise bike inside. Now I know what it means to be bone-chilling cold.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
- It is so stinking green and beautiful. Plus the whole town is cute and I love just admiring the cute shutters and architecture.
- The air is so crisp and delicious (not that I eat it or anything) and the tap really water tastes like bottled water.
- There are a lot more younger women in my ward here and most of their families live far away also so it seems easy to make friends.
- One of my new friends is from Brazil and I am learning a little about their culture and how to cook their yummy food.
- I feel like there are more things for the kids to do here such as the duck pond, parks, playgroups, libraries, etc.
- Everything is a lot closer proximity such as stores, Talmage's school, etc. (Well everything but the temple which brings me to my next point.)
- We got to go to DC and do a little bit of site seeing and see the Washington DC temple, the Washington Monument, the Capital Building and the White House.
- We went to a VT football game and the energy of the crowd was fun.
- Most importantly I love that I'm with Talmage and our kids wherever we go. And that extended family is just a phone call or a Skype away.
- I feel like I am becoming a better person and learning a lot from others.