Friday, January 25, 2008

Grand Hansen

So I am still getting used to my name. I often say, "Rachel GraaaHansen." I still haven changed my name officially at school or work so all my paperwork, login names, and official stuff still has Grandy on it. Basically everytime I get on a computer, which is a lot, I have to put in grandy. It is making it difficult for me. So this question is for all you married women out there: How long did it take you to get used to your new last name after you were married, to the point that it came out naturally with out having to think about it?

5 comments:

  1. I'd say at least a year to come out the first time and years to feel natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was a quick transition. I went from Johnson to Hansen, so it came easy. I'd say a month maybe two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was ready to be a Hansen long before I really new. I think it was a quick transition... maybe a month. But the funny thing is my family hasn't yet caught on... I still get mail and check made out with my maiden name. For some that get the name right spell it wrong, HansOn... I haven't got the heart to tell them, but it doesn't bother me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. since i knew i was going to marry lincoln years before i actually did, the transition was quite easy. getting it changed on everything was a pain. and my mom still asks sometimes how to spell it. E or O?

    ReplyDelete