Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rube Goldberg

For the project in my engineering design we are making a Rube Goldberg. What is a Rube Goldberg? Don't fret, I will tell you all about it. A Rube Goldberg is a very complicated system designed to do a simple task. Here is an example of a Rube Goldberg made for a Honda Commercial that I like: Honda- Rube Goldberg. (Make sure to have your volume on.) I hope you enjoy it!

This is a cartoon done by Rube Goldberg himself. It is a device used to wash windows. Can't figure it out? The following will explain: Passing man (A) slips on banana peel (B) causing him to fall on rake (C). As handle of rake rises it throws horseshoe (D) onto rope (E) which sags, thereby tilting sprinkling can (F). Water (G) saturates mop (H). Pickle terrier (I) thinks it is raining, gets up to run into house and upsets sign (J) throwing it against non-tipping cigar ash receiver (K) which causes it to swing back and forth and swish the mop against window pane, wiping it clean. If man breaks his neck by fall move away before cop arrives.
Anyways, I am excited to do this project! It sounds so interesting and fun!



1 comment: