Monday, February 4, 2008

We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet

This last week my beloved prophet, a man who I adore immensely, passed away. To tell you the truth at the news of his death I could only feel joy and peace. I knew that he was with his sweetheart, Sister Hinckley. I could tell that he loved and adored her so much and put her on a pedestal. He must be so happy to see her again.
I was able to go to general conference for the first time this last October. My friends and I were sitting there chatting when instantly I felt something. Not a moment later everyone was standing up, then President Hinckley entered the room. It was so powerful seeing him and his countenance shine. I could fill the spirit so strong. I already had this confirmed to me before, but it was reconfirmed in my mind and heart that this man is the prophet of God. That he is the mouth piece of my Lord.
Gordon B. Hinckley was an example of great optimism, friendliness, endurance, leadership, kindness, humility and joyfulness. A man that has been a great influence on my life. For this and more, I pay tribute to this wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment