Friday, February 27, 2009

Twilight Zone

No this post is not about the popular book/movie Twilight. I haven't read it and am not sure if I want to. This post is more about being in the Twilight Zone (Dodo Doodo Doodo Dodo Doodo Dodo).
My father is a big "doom's day" fan (for lack of better wording). I have been told, since I was knee high to a grass hopper, that hard times would come. He likes to dissect Isaiah to speculate about what he is saying. He has talked and still talks about the economic collapse that would come and now we are seeing it unfold, how foreign armies would attack on American soil, etc. Yeah, I am horrible at explaining all that stuff (ask Talmage). I understand him and believe him but that might be because I am very gullible or because I respect and look up to him so much, but then again maybe I just believe him because I believe him.
I was talking to some of my visiting teaching ladies and they started wondering if the Savior would come in their life time. I think that they are getting too ahead of themselves because a lot has to happen before then such as the literal gathering of Israel and the temple being build in the new Jerusalem but it is interesting that they are thinking about that.
Even with that being said, I don't really feel affected by all of it. I feel VERY blessed. Talmage and I are always marveling and thanking the Lord for all that he has given us. An amazing husband, two beautiful, healthy babies, family, friends a huge house (very huge in my humble opinion), food, clothes, vehicles, running water, electricity, dish washer, washer, dryer, water heater and for reals we even have grass growing spontaneously in our backyard. My kids wake up at 3 o'clock every morning because they just love seeing me and they miss me, now that there is love. Blessed. Very blessed.
Anyways, So why am I in the twilight zone? Because everyone on the radio, at church and at school are beginning to sound like him. What is your take on all that doom's day stuff do you believe it? Part of it? None of it? Do you think that I fell off my rocker? Was I even on my rocker? Do you think that eventually everything will turn around for this country? I guess my real question is what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i think the people who are just now worrying and thinking about the economic problems and there implications are the people christ referred to in the parable of the 10 virgins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are getting much closer to the end, but that still doesn't mean it will happen in my lifetime. (I think "One Day" for God and "One Day" for me is a completly different timeframe.) I try not to worry, as God said "do not worry about about tomorrow for today has enough worries of it's own" and that's very true! Each day brings it's own challenges and I just don't have time to worry about tomorrow. I agree with you, in that a person should focus on their blessings - which you've mentioned "a TON" of them - Reminding us that most people take for granted the simple things in life and they shouldn't!

    ReplyDelete