Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Calling on All You Moms

Spencer you don't have to read this post. I know that you get grossed out by all that motherly stuff.

So I have two twin babies. I am having a problem and need some help with this one. Hannah has stopped breast feeding about a month ago. She cries and stiffens and refuses to breastfeed. I kept trying and trying but finally gave up. I now pump all of her breast milk. She mostly has formula though. She wasn't always like this, she was fine with breast feeding for the first couple of months. I have come to the realization that she is not going to breast feed but that is ok because I still have Heber and I can depend on him, that is until lately. He has mostly become dependent on the bottle. He is starting to act like Hannah was when she started to stop breast feeding.

Does anyone have any good advise on this. Please help.

Should I start pumping for Heber too? Should I give up on breast feeding and pumping all together. How would this effect their body and brain devolopment?

Sounds like I need to do some researching.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can call La Leche League, they have solutions for this kind of thing.

    But don't beat yourself up if you have to go to formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel...I don't know if you remember me or not but I am a friend of Caleb's. When I had my first baby I was trying to decide between breast and bottle so I asked my bro-in-law who is a pediatrician if he thought it would be harmful to not breastfeed. He said that anymore, formula comes so close to breastmilk that babies do just fine with formula. My son did just great being formula fed. My second son came really early so I decided to breastfeed and experienced the same thing you are talking about, he did great for a few weeks, then hated breastfeeding. Nobody beleived this, but he did. I switched him to formula and so far so good! Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't give up!!! It is so much healthier for them to breast feed...your body has to catch up to the demand of the babies, it takes time for your milk to catch up! But once you start the bottle feeding they will expect the same flow...so It can be much more difficult with a bottle!

    ReplyDelete