Tuesday, September 15, 2009

School

Thanks to the gentle persuasion of Melanie I am going to school this semester. I am taking three classes online. Two of them are half a semester long, one in the first half, the other in the second half. Plus the one that is a semester long. The half semester long class I am taking first is on Digital Art and the semester long one is on Marriage and the Family Relationships. I like them both.
My second emphasis is Art. It is the easiest way to go since I took a couple of art classes my first two years of college. I am taking the the Family class as an upper devision hum/soc.
Anyways, schools fun and I really like online classes. I thought that I wouldn't because of all the reading and not hearing a teacher lecture but I think I learn more in less time and on my own schedule. I can stop what I am doing and clean the house, feed the kids, change a poopy diaper, play with the kids, start dinner or whatever. I wish that my two classes next semester where online. I have to take one more senior electrical class and the history of engineering. Then I will be DONE!!! YEAH!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!! ...ok I am calm.

6 comments:

  1. online classes huh, let me know how that goes. I have been thinking about educating myself but dont really have the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for school! I can't believe you'll be graduating so soon, because I feel kind of old now, but oh well. Kiss the babies for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure if i'm the persuasive melanie (don't want to take credit...) but i'm glad you decided to finish school. that's something i've always been proud of accomplishing. i wanted to quit several times but with the encouragement of my family and lincoln i made it through. and i'm very glad i did.

    i didn't have much luck with online classes. but some people really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you graduating from college will be the crowning achievement of my life. and I won't rest until you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,
    I think it’s great that you are back in school, you only got a little bit left to finish and I know you can do it. I don’t know who Melanie is, but she rocks thanks for the persuasion.

    Hey I know you’re super busy but there is a new group on campus called WISE, Women in science and engineering. It a great group, lots of opportunities and benefits (net working, jobs, scholarships, etc).

    The kids look great, hey hi to your husband and the family, God bless.

    Sincerely,
    Dominick

    ReplyDelete
  6. WISE - Women In Science and Engineering

    http://www.facebook.com/gwynne.robinson?ref=profile#/pages/Mesa/WISE-ASU-Polytechnic/152099132672?ref=sgm

    ReplyDelete