Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Separate Rooms

Kimball posed a good question:

"When are you going to separate the boy and the girl into separate rooms." I hope I quoted it right.

I am not really sure but maybe when baby #3 comes in about three years (no there is no baby #3 right now). After the baby is sleeping through the night, I will separate the twins into two different rooms and put the baby with the one of the same gender. If baby #3 is a boy it will go with Heber and if it is a girl it will go with Hannah.

I don't want to separate them sooner because I think that it helps build character having companionship of sharing a room.

Still I not completely sure though. I haven't really thought about it. I am open to suggestions. I know that Lisa separated her girls and boys sometime this year. How old was Caden, 5?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, just in the 3-4 months or so we made the change. Caden had just turned 6 and Paxie will be 5 this weekend.
    They both still ask if they can sleep in the same room again, even if just for the night or if it is a weekend.
    For just over a year, Daisy had her own room. It was easier that way because when she would wake up at night, I didnt want her to wake up the others. Although they both sleep like rocks and probably wouldnt have stirred a bit.
    I decided it was time because they started talking about their differences in gender and decided they need to be dressing and what not in their own rooms!
    I say, ride it out as long as your comfortable with it all. My kids loved being together. If they want their own space at an earlier age, experiment with it then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing you clarified that if baby #3 is a boy then it would room with Heber, and if it is a girl then she would room with Hannah....because I didn't know what "gender" meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it Talmage! Let's go! Ping Pong. Best of 7. My house. Noon.......make that HIGH Noon.

    ReplyDelete