Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fun Texting Conversations


Before I got unlimited texting I was a pretty thrifty texter. In fact, it was annoying when people wanted to have conversations through text or even text for fun. Just tell me what you need in two or less texts if you can't then call me, was my mindset. But now that I have unlimited texting (for only $2.50/month extra) I have become what I loathed.

Last night I was having trouble sleeping and so I started going back through some of mine and McKay's texting conversations. They usually only last a few lines, but one in particular was hilarious so I thought I'd share it:

This was after he had let me borrow his truck.

McKay: You're not hauling mattresses are you? Hey-oh!! Hey-oh!! {referring to a bad accident I had while hauling a mattress}

Talmage: Yes. Hey-oh!! Hey-oh!!

McKay: (I stare back at you blankly, with crickets chirping in the background.)

Talmage: (I hand you the keys.)

McKay: (I don't accept and the keys fall to the ground. I continue staring at you.)

Talmage: (I bend over to pick up the keys and let one slip. The fumes fill your nostrils.)

McKay: (I inhale deeply through my nostrils and reply with a straight face "Is that the best you got?")

Talmage: (I patiently wait as the after effect of my odor kicks in causing your throat to itch and your eyes to water. You struggle to keep a straight face.)

{He somehow never got this last message and so the conversation ended}

Well I thought it was funny, and I'm sure Jana will.

5 comments:

  1. my texts to you are way better

    ReplyDelete
  2. that makes me miss the days when Mckay was at EA and we'd "text" or "email" back and forth a lot. Priceless, pricelessly funny those emails were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you blasted out those sacred shared words of my dear husband... you might as well post a late night photo of him doing his midnight run to the kitchen wearing only his briefs...

    so exposed... what will he think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's really funny is, I thought Rachel was writing this blog at first. I was wondering if you knew she texted Mckay late at night when she couldn't sleep.

    Funny stuff, though.

    ReplyDelete