Monday, October 18, 2010

Laundry

I know you are thrilled to know how laundry is done around here.
Firstly, Talmage brings the dirty laundry down from our bedroom (because he is wonderful). I try to wash one or two batches a day and put it away before I get started on another batch. I used to wash a whole bunch of loads at once. The problem with that is that they get piled up in my bedroom and left until who knows when.
I hang the tots clothes and I throw the clothes in their dressers. Shirts, pants and others all in different drawers. Yes, you heard me right, I do not fold their clothes.
For Talmage and me I hang all of our nice shirts, pants and for me, skirts. I color code all our hanging up clothes. I think that it makes it easier to find clothes and it just looks cleaner.
Call me crazy but I hang my clothes on
white hangers and Talmage has all the blue and dark hangers. Hannah's hanger's are pink, clear and white and Hebs has all the blue and dark hangers.

About every couple weeks I reorganize our non hanging clothes.
What are some of your tricks that make laundry run smoother or that make it worth you while?

3 comments:

  1. Not folding the kids clothes! That would save me soooo much time. They just wreck them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no tricks, I trudgingly and grudgingly plow through it. When I get a bag of clothes given to me, I sort through and get rid of a bag to keep the clothes under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like airing your dirty laundry...

    ReplyDelete