Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Prego


So I have two weeks and five days to go. In a way I like going through the last stretch over the Holidays. It is a great distraction and time has been flying quickly.

Four Sundays ago, Dec. 12th, I went into false labor. My contractions where growing closer together. They where about 2 and a half minutes apart at one point. We started to do last minute preparations to go to the hospital. Then they started to grow further and further apart. They kept happening about fifteen minutes apart the day after. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it was common for someone who had premies their first pregnancy. Their body goes into labor around the same time they went into labor before and then their body corrects itself. She said it might happen once or twice again.
I experience something similar about a week ago. Nothing since, just regular good ol' fashion Braxton Hicks.
My doctor thinks that she might be sitting side to side. She says that is likely that she'll turn head down. I have been praying that she will. I have an ultrasound this week.
I feel pretty calm and good about whatever happens.

2 comments:

  1. So, face down yet??? 10 days to go, I can't believe it! Why is it that other people's pregnancies go so fast when your own don't???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love your ultra sound, ours wasn't as great :)

    ReplyDelete