Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nearly 6 Months Pregnant



We are so excited to have a little boy. Heber talks about how "cute our baby is" and the different things that he gets to do with his little brother. Olive often asks if she can kiss the baby i.e. my belly. She still mentions that she has a baby in her stomach too. And Hannah often asks questions about how the baby gets out. And they all have questions on what the baby will eat, drink, sleep, wear, etc and his eating, sleeping, clothes (or lack there of) now. 


I plan on doing an all-natural, at-home birth this time. I found two really great midwives that seem to be more mentally aligned with this than my last doctor. I am grateful that they were willing to take me on even though they don't normally take on VBACs. The Ina May's Guide to Childbirth book has been my go-to book lately and I think it will be replete with markings by the time the baby comes. I am still not sure about doing a water birth though because they don't want me to actually birth in the tub (I think it has something to do with losing too much blood and not being about to notice it because of all the water??). 


I have tried to eat really healthy this pregnancy. I am really concerned about gaining too much weight too quickly because of the umbilical hernia that I have which is aggravated each pregnancy. But that being said, the baby is weighing more than average. What can I say, my body is used to making lots of baby (never less than 9 lbs). I also notice the more rested I am, the better food eating decisions I make. Just an incentive for me to rest.


I have tried to stay very fit this pregnancy and think of birth as training for a marathon. It really motivates me. Although I am not doing anything as hardcore as someone training for a marathon, lately I exercise about five times a week for 30-40 minutes.


I look a little crazy/mad scientist like in this photo.


I feel very busy this pregnancy. I seem to go and go all week and than I seem to crash and burn slow down a lot on the weekend.

7 comments:

  1. We've got to come up with a great caption for that last pic with hannah looking at you mournfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about: "But I just want to smash food into the carpet mom." Typical Hannah request.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you to try a homebirth this time! You look so cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this update rachel. The kids comments and inquiries are so fun to read and you look beautiful. By the way cousin Ryan and Celeste Hansen are expecting in Oct. Just heard tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you be my stylist, Rachel?

    And those two lawn pics: The first you look preg, the second you don't. Interesting optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lindsay!
    Yeah, it must be an optical illusion because I am defiantly pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is Lindsay. I keep telling her she's pregnant, but she's so defiant! She won't accept it. But she's definitely pregnant.

    ReplyDelete