Sunday, August 4, 2013

Labor


After feeling jipped with Olives birth, I was so excited and ready to labor and work for the coming of my child. And after two false starts, it was so excited to actually be in labor this time.  Few moms could have been as excited as I was to be in labor.
Hours Before Birth
I was so grateful to have my baby here at home. I felt more relaxed and able to cope with the challenge of birth. It was such a blessing to have the strong and loving support of Talmage, my mom and the midwives.

Talmage supporting me through a contraction.
Alex,  one of the two midwives checking babies heart beat

I felt the support of angels and my Savior. I felt the strengthening and enabling power of Christ's atonement especially strong when I was going through transition.



So happy to hold my baby in my arms

The atmosphere was so positive. I could not have asked for a better birthing experience. I can't express how happy I felt.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait to hear how it all went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again! I LOVE the 2nd to last picture of you holding him for the first time. It truly looks like pure bliss. So happy for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic of Talmage supporting you through the contraction...looks like the poster for something like, How to support your wife during labor. you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds/looks like it was a great experience! I'm glad you got to experience the home birth that you wanted, and that everything went so well.

    ReplyDelete