Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Trip

This year we went to Arizona for Christmas. We pulled all nighters to get there and back. It wasn't that bad though because we have audio books to listen to and Talmage took longer turns at the wheel, despite my insistences.
The Hansen Family Get-Together was complete with songs, Nativity scriptures, testimonies, white elephant (we got the best white elephant off all time, thanks to Lincoln), yummy food/treats and hanging out.



I got to go mountain biking with my younger siblings. Despite running out of water, Angel wrecking, two rough stretches where we had to walk our bikes (which made it take way longer than anticipated), it was a fun challenge. I loved hearing my siblings thoughts on life and the gospel. I am so proud of them and the people they have grown to be.
After our first rocky stretch of walking I got super worried thinking it would take longer to get back to feed Dewey. Talmage and I talked about feeding him a banana if I didn't get back in time. He has eaten solids before but not much. This worry really motivated me to push through faster to get back to him. In the end Talmage and Dewey did great and he ate his first banana.
We had francesinhas, our family Christmas tradition, thanks to Jana and Susan. We hoped to treat them but that took a 180 and they ended up treating his.

We hiked round mountain, fun for the whole family.

The Grandy Family Get-Together was graciously hosted by at Aunt Lois and Uncle Leon. Our first Christmas all together on Christmas day in eight years. It was complete with Nativity scriptures, individual and group songs, testimonies, dance offs, family games, a sleep over, yummy food and treats, presents, seeing the farm and cattle, a tour of Duncan (don't blink you might miss it), playing at the park, ultimate frisbee (yipee!), introducing a two month family health challenge, sharing memories, and hanging out.

It was a lot of fun. But all that fun wore the kids (Olive got sick) and me out. I am convinced that nothing can wear Talmage out, he is like the Energizer Bunny.
It was a great trip. I enjoyed it. It makes me miss being with our families more.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful Christmas for me with your family and all the others. Thanks for making a big effort.

    ReplyDelete