Monday, March 3, 2008

Birthday Surprises


I am no longer a teenager. I turned twenty on Sunday, March 2nd.
The best surprise of all was from Talmage. He took me to see Fiddler on the Roof last Saturday for my birthday. It was at a dinner/theater (Arizona Broadway Theater). We got all dressed up to go... which I like to do. It was so nice and fancy. For the dinner's first course I had this tomato basil bisque (soup). It was the best soup I have ever had, and I am not the biggest fan of tomato soups. It was mmm, mmm, good. I had this really good chicken dish and Talmage some type of sea food dish. I loved the play other then the sober and strange ending. But it all and all was very entertaining. I have seen the movie before but the play was way better. We are still singing the songs from it. I loved it and enjoyed it!
Then Sunday we went over Jana and Art's house and Jana surprised me with a big ol' cookie cake. With kisses as the chocolate chips... chocolate kisses not the other kind. At first I thought it was for Art because it was his birthday this week but no it was for me! I felt pretty special.
Then I came home Rick, Alyssa and David surprised me with a cake. This cake was an original piece. It had three frostings and looked like Neapolitan Ice Cream. I can't believe that they did all that just for me!
I got a birthday card from Lindsay with gum but not just any gum, Dentine Fire! Mom and Dad Hansen sent me a birthday card and a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores, Khoels!
My birthday gift to myself was a clean house and a yummy Sunday dinner!
All and all I had a great 20th birthday!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad to hear you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool of your family. Happy Birthday!! I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. You should ask her and let me know. I am kinda tired of this one. I love how crafty Nikki is. g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats amazing. I couldn't get Caleb to a dinner theater if I bound and gagged him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And who the heck is David? Is there another Grandy kid that I don't know about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Lautenslauger, our cousin. I probably slaughtered that. Wow! imagine being a kid and having to learn how to spell that name. He probably didn't get it down til the fourth grade! But we love them, loooong name and all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki, Lela and I want to know how you got your background on your blog. For some reason I can only figure out how to put on templates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rach,
    You can't comment on your own blog, silly. If you have a question, you have to comment on mine. I wanted to show Caleb Lela's blog and I happened to look on here again. So do that for future reference, and to ensure an answer in a timely manner. So, it's actually really complicated to change the background on your blog... unless you have access to mine to copy and paste commands as needed. If you call me and give me your blog password, I can change your page to something really cute and surprise you.

    ReplyDelete