Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Mothers Sense

When I was younger my family tried to get rid of me several times. They would try to leave me at the store and other random places. It took me a while to figure it out. You see I was never lost, I always knew where I was. They are the ones who strayed from me and got lost. I finally caught on their trick when it occured to me that they all got "lost" together. When I finally found them they would say something like, "Oh, we found you. Where were you?" Truthfully they were thinking, "Oh, she found us again, we need to figure out a better strategy to ditch her." It's true. But it not only happened to me but several of my siblings.
For example, one time we went to Church and "accidently" left Seth at home and we didn't realize he was gone until we go back at home.
When I was about six they left me in a shopping store (Lin's) in Cedar City and drove all the way to St. George, more then half an hour away, until they finally "figured out" that I was gone.
I think that we would have permanently lost half of us kids, especially me, if it weren't for my mother (and due to the fact that I figured out how to cook and clean, so they decided to keep me around). I used to think that my mom had a sixth sense to discern when one of her children where gone. She letter told me that she knew that one of us was gone because it wasn't as loud. I think it is trick to hid her super powers and that sixth sense that is given to women when they become mothers. The one that gives them eyes in the back of their heads and tells them that you are hiding silverware in your pocket so that you can bring it outside to make sand castles and mudd pies with.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new header and look. Well done my pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact Rachel worked on an engineering project at school which consisted of developing a device that helps you keep track of stuff. Just in case she losses herself again.

    ReplyDelete