Monday, January 19, 2009

MoRE BabY DetaiLS

OK the title of this post should be Too Much Baby Details.
Labor and Delivery
I went into labor around one o'clock in the afternoon. I didn't really realize that I was in labor. I remember leaving my computer hardware class like five time to walk around because it was way more comfortable. I worked right after that and I kept timing my contractions which were about ten to fifteen minutes apart. I told Talmage half jokingly that I could have the baby tonight. After work we went over to Taylor and Erin's house to borrow their truck to get a bed from my old roommate's house. So I was climbing in and out of the truck and up and down her stairs. I went home and had an urge take a bath. So I took a bath and went to bed. I keep going in and out of sleep, feeling my contractions and trying to time them. It was so weird I just kept thinking of engineering a way some how to know the timing on my contractions. I was out of it. I was having so much trouble keeping the time. I tried waking up Talmage to help me and get me a drink of water but he feel back asleep. I kept trying to keep my time, still half delusional. Finally I gave up and woke up Talmage. My contractions were about four minutes apart. I called my mom. Then we said a prayer and knew that everything was going to be all right and that the babies were coming. We called my doctor. Got ready and drove about an hour to the hospital. I had to go to Chandler Region Hospital because the babies were coming six weeks early.
This whole time I was calm. I kept saying a prayer during my contractions and tried to keep myself calm. Talmage kept putting hot wet towels on me which felt great because they lessened the pain of the contractions. I had to be moved to the operating room just in case they had to do an emergency C-Section, protocol for twins. I had Heber first and then Hannah. Some of the nurses were surprised that I had twins naturally with no C-section or drugs.
I bled out a few blood clots afterwards and I wish I would have taken cayenne and honey before to prevent bleeding, but it wasn't too bad. Heber and Hannah were very healthy but they had to stay in the hospital for a week until they started gaining weight. All things considered I think it went very well.
Postpartum
I feel like I recovered pretty quickly. I have been running and doing things since. I can't wait to play sports again. Sometimes I literally dreamed about playing sports when I was prego. A good night's sleep is a rare thing and something I look forward to but it is worth it all because they are just so precious.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thanks for the more information part :D The babies are of course adorable, and I can't believe you're already running! Congrats btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, running. Can't wait to see them in 2 weeks. I bet they're already walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i helped you get one full night's leep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimball you are amazing. Thank you for watching the babes for a night. You are a brave soul. I can't thank you enough. I feel human again.
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there is anything I can do to help, I wouldn't at all mind! Being that I am just down the road from you!

    That is funny that you and Talamge went to Taylors to borrow his truck, why not ours?!?!

    Haha...
    Come by soon so I can be partial to Hannah cause I want a baby girl! Herber is sweet too, but I am the kind of Aunt that plays favorites... j/k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandi,

    We were had to go to Taylor's anyway to pick up some baby stuff AND we were coming from ASU and going back up to the 60.

    On another point, I remember you correcting Rachel once on the spelling of your precious's and since I took it personally and hold grudges I thought I'd help you with little Heber, not Herber. Of course I'm just joking, but not about the spelling. We'll have to take you up on your offer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete