Monday, July 26, 2010

Morning Routine

Q: I'd like you to describe your typical day.
A: I broke this question into three posts to make it short and sweet and to the point. So here is my morning routine for ya.

7:00 wake up with the kids


  • Kids eat breakfast.
  • I sit at the table and drink something cold (normally water but on occasion OJ or cranberry juice). Unless Talmage is home then I eat breakfast with all of them. But during the week days I don't see him until he comes home in the evening.
  • If they aren't grumpy when they wake up, I'll get dressed while they are playing.
  • Clean something that they can't undo (dishes, laundry, etc.)
  • Or I'll sit on the couch, read something or watch the Morning Show.
  • When they are done eating, I generally let them play in their little kiddy pool on the back porch. It is my lazy way of getting them all clean from breakfast and they like it.
  • Sometimes I'll put on Animal Atlas, a kids TV show. I feel like we both can learn from it, it has real animals which they love and it doesn't seem like one those cartoons that melt their brains.
8:30 to 10:00

  • I'll grab something light to eat, I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I haven't been digging it lately, especially in my first trimester (which I am now out of, no more bad morning sickness!!! Wishful thinking, I still have morning sickness.)
  • Clean and listen to conference or Book of Mormon. The kids generally play during this time.
  • Read, if they will let me, they normally want to take my book.
  • Maybe get on the computer, big maybe. (I try not to get on it with the kids around because first they sit on my lap, then they want to touch the keyboard/mouse, then they want to crawl on the desk... basically if you give a mouse a cookie...).
  • Do homework.
  • Take kids to park if it is cool enough
  • If I am smart I run errands because it is cooler than outside and I love how friendly and welcoming stores are during this time
10:30 to 11:30


  • Feed kids lunch and eat something more substantial.
  • Put the kids down for their nap

6 comments:

  1. Is spongebob squarepants one of those cartoons that melt your brain? If so I have a melted brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the edge of my seat. What happens after naps??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After naps Heber and Hannah hit the clubs until snack time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard spongebob is one of the many causes for A.D.D. cuz of only having 30 seconds for each scene and the kids learn to not concentrate longer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard facebook is the leading cause of ADD cause you only stay on someone's page for 10 seconds and go on to the next.....Oh and books too cause you're only on a page for about 45 seconds

    ReplyDelete