Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Painting


I finished a painting I did for a friend of the family, Andy. This is the second custom painting he has paid me to do for him. It is a painting of the Nauvoo Temple. It is a fairly good size painting, about 3 x 4 ft. It took a few months, I think I started it back in March. When I first started it all the lines where clean and formal, I changed it up a bit to give it a more whimsical feel. This isn't the greatest camera but it gives you the idea. I am happy with how it turned out.
I am going to take a break fro painting for a while. It requires a level of paint supplies that I can't constantly keep up with. My painting craving might be back in time to do a painting for a Christmas present. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. looks good! I didn't know u could paint like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting. I read that you are taking a break but I was wondering how much you would charge for a painting that size? I would love similar style painting of the Idaho Falls temple. Would you consider doing a painting for someone you don't know:) I am a friend of Alisha Garrity's, Jana's friend.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre paintings look awesome!!! I wish I had the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get back to you on doing a painting Angie. My thought on it is, "mmm maybe". I'll let you know when I decide.

    ReplyDelete