Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If you could choose to have triplets rather than twins would you go back and do that?

If I had to cast final judgment on all mankind, I would automatically send people who have triplets to heaven. That must take so much patience, diligence, perseverance, etc.

That being said I don't think that I would go back and choose triplets instead of twins. Twins were hard enough. I could carry both at the same time if needs be but I couldn't do that if I had triplets.

When Heber and Hannah were newborns, it took about an hour for feeding time, diaper changes, etc. and then two hours later I had to start everything again. If I had had triplets, the "assembly line" would have taken longer and I would have been more sleep deprived.

Plus, I hear that it is hard going out in public with triplets because of all the people that are interested in them. It was that way somewhat with twin babies especially with old ladies at the grocery store.

Maybe I can't see past the end of my nose. I need your help getting a more positive perspective. What are some pluses for being a parents of triplets?

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who had two sets of twins back to back. The first being girls and the second being boys. She had 4 kids under two or something crazy like that. She also has a group of friends that has the same type of patterns. I don't know how anyone does it but I guess Heavenly Father knew that they could handle it! I read a book once about a lady and raising her children. If I remember it right she had a single, triplets, triplets, twins and a single or something like that! AHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. novelty, attention, "promises you don't intend to keep"

    I think the only way to have triplets would be about 5 years after you've had a few kids. So the olders could help out.

    ReplyDelete