Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What have I been up to these days?

  • Window painting. Something I have been wanting to do for years. A friend of my family has done it during the holidays for years. She takes her earnings and splurges on Christmas. So I decided to try it too. So far I have painted my window, a neighbor's, two McDonald's, a Fry's and I have a couple more lined up. For a couple pictures see the link at the top called Window Painting.
  • I have been working on a painting for a Christmas present for my Grandmother. I have her name this year. She has wanted an oil painting from me for a while now. Her style is something southwestern with pastel colors. Both really different from me. So it has been a challenge to figure out a picture that I would like to do and that she would like to have.
  • Talmage and I have been wanting to write a children book for Heber and Hannah for a while. So we decided to make it for Christmas for them. It is called "A Day in the Life of Mighty and Magnificent". I have one page illustrated and Talmage has a couple of the pages written out. I took a lot of searching to find a toddler proof book that we could have our story printed in but I found a website that sends you blank books. Then you print out your story on clear film and stick them in the book.
  • I have been getting stuff ready for Olive, two more months to go, although I keep getting the "any day now?" comment. All our spare dressers are being used by Angel and Seth so I have been on the prowl for a new dresser for Olive. My Aunt Lois came across a dresser at a yard sale. She's a beauty. It is my favorite dresser in the whole house. I would show you pictures but my camera is MIA and my placenta head can't remember where it went.
  • I made this car seat for Olive. I had a hard time deciding on the material but once I found some material that I liked and it just came together with some material that I had laying around.
  • I already put up the Christmas tree before Halloween. Crazy I know. I figured the sooner the better because I am only going to get bigger. So I'll just do a little at a time and it will be fun, pressure free holiday decorating.
That is all I got for now.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are just a treasure trove. love those paintings!

    I can't wait to read about Mighty and Magnificent. You could start a whole series about their mishaps and adventures. You can work in how sucking on their little fingers activates their super-powers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why don't you make crusts put up the tree so you don't have to ruin the holidays by putting up the tree so dang early?

    ReplyDelete