Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Under-Doggies and New Perspectives

This past Sunday the kids went to the park twice with their ole papa bear. I knew they liked under-doggies, but they took it to a whole new level with under-tigers, under-chickens, under-frogs, etc. The trick is you have to make an animal sound as you go under them. It was a great way to get them to think, because I wouldn't let them repeat the same animal.
On a similar note, I have been thinking about how I view my kids lately. As the oldest I find myself holding Heber and Hannah to such a high standard. Whereas Olive can do no wrong and is always cute and adorable. Lately, I've tried to see our little twins as if they were the last two of our family (of, say 6). They would be the two little twins that everyone adored, instead of the mischievous, schemers always getting into trouble. The change of perspective helps a lot.
It was after tweaking this perspective of mine that I was able to relax a little and really enjoy giving the kids under-zebras and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment