Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Overheard (Inspired by Big Sis)


Hannah waddles into the kitchen in the morning with her pajamas soaked in pee.

Hannah: "Daddy I didn't pee the bed. I just slept in my bed and woke and I was wet." (Like it's a perfectly normal occurrence).

Me: (with rolled eyes) "Ok well take your shirt, pants and underwear off anyway and get some clean ones on."

On the way to the bathroom.

Heber: "Hannah did you pee the bed?"

Hannah: Again with the story to Heber.

Heber (confused): "But how did you get wet?"

Hannah: "I just went to sleep and woke up and I was wet."

Heber (not really convinced): "Oh."

Hannah: "No Heber! No!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Me: "Heber and Hannah eat this vitamin C and it will help you not get sick."

Heber: "It will make our cough get better?"

Me: "Yep."

Heber to Hannah: "You suck on the vitamin and your cough won't get better. You eat the vitamin and your cough will get better."

8 comments:

  1. you've got to keep this coming full stream, full steam.

    And yet, I'm left with so many questions? Why was hannah crying no heber no! did she know he could peer into her soul and see the truth of the bed wetting?

    And the big question: they really talk in full sentences? I can't picture it.

    And I thought we had a talk about this word verification. Do we need a followup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try.

    Exactly.

    Of course. Olive speaks in full sentences. You need to visit.

    The very day I disabled it I got some spam. I even removed it from search engines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so cute. I was thinking the same as Jana about the No Heber, No! Of course they talk in full sentences as I will be sure to witness and testify of next week. But I already have witnessed it from skypeing. Keep up the "overheards" Talmage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont understand how its overheard when you were part of each conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wouldn't understand (running and slamming the bedroom door shut, tears streaming down my face)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom are you going to bury your testimony about it? I was surprised they talk in full sentences too. Talmage can you do the classic over heard of when Rachel asked Hebes if he wanted options?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spencer - it's Overheard by the fly on the wall. We've discussed this before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The comment room is just as funny as the Overheard.

    That's funny how Heber interpreted your instructions to mean eating not sucking on the candy will make their cough better. (Poor little kids have a cough?? Is it still from the smoke out?)

    ReplyDelete