Saturday, July 13, 2013

What's in a name?

Dewey's Pregnancy
We decided to name our little guy Dewey Emerson. I know Donna, my bestie from Virginia, is going to kill me! She wanted me to have the babies name set in stone months ago. And we kept changing our minds. We were settle on Dewey Dane for the longest time but changed our minds one last time. Dewey Emerson  feels even more right.
Heber & Hannah's Pregnancy
Olive's Pregnancy
 Dewey is Talmage's great grandfather's middle name. I know what your thinking, "Dewey? ...Dewey Decimal System ...Huey, Dewey and Louie". Well that is what I was thinking when I first heard it. I wasn't crazy about it at first but let's just say I warmed up to it quickly. One night when I was tucking Heber in, he told me he loved me, I leaned down to hug him and he proclaimed, "We should name our baby Dewey!" The next day he was naming all his toys "Dewey". The next day I heard him say over and over "I should name this toy... what was that name again... oh, yeah, Dewey!"  (I found out later that Talmage had prepped Heber to do all of this and apparently it worked). I love the name Dewey now!
Emerson is Talmage's grandpa's middle name. I have always liked the name Emerson and it has been our "name list" since the twins. But shied away from it at first because it is too long and EmerSON HanSEN sounded like too many SON and SENS. But it just feels right.
Talmage feels a little guilty with so much of the name being influenced by his side, even though I was the one who proposed Emerson. He promised me that the next _____  kid(s) will have a name from my side.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a perfect belly size and shape. I love Dewey too, it feels right. And I can't wait to hear the nicknames you guys come up with.

    ReplyDelete