Sunday, September 15, 2013

Letter from Hannah to Aunt Lindsay becomes a Full Blown Post

Two weeks ago my sister Lindsay came to live/have-an-extended-visit with us in Dallas. A week after that we all left for Fort Leonard Wood, MO to have a sort of vacation while I attended some Air Force training. Needless to say, I felt bad for leaving Lindsay so soon after she arrived and for so long. But the kids have missed her even more. They continuously ask about her. This morning Hannah said that we need to Spyke her (Spyke her? You mean Skype? Yeah, that.).


So after a family nap today (Which I highly recommend) Hannah was imploring me to draw a picture for Aunt Lindsay in an email. I let her do her magic in MS Paint and the result was entirely her own creation.


Additionally, the letter that I had her dictate to accompany her picture was entirely her own words—word for word. It was too priceless to only share with Lindsay so I'm putting it here on our blog:

Aunt Lindsay,

I really want to go back home to play with you. And play with my pets and you. And I really want to be healthy with you and you be healthy. And I really want to go back home to say I love you! And I really want to go to the store with you in the market. And I want to do with you everything I want to do with you. I really, really love you. And thanks for the shoes you give me.

(Rachel interjecting: She didn't give you shoes.
Hannah: The gold sparkle shoes she brought me.
Rachel: Grandma gave you those shoes
Hannah: Oh.)

I like you and I like you better than my brothers and sisters and I like that you gave me angry bird treats. And I like everything you gave me and everything you do for me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Hannah

So as she's doing this Heber wakes up and wants to do the same thing. He took so long to draw his picture and I eventually had to kick him off the computer but not before finishing certain parts of the drawing for him (i.e. the 3 pink flowers and some touch up—such a perfectionist!). Everything in the picture has a meaning. In case you're wondering, the man is thinking about a star.



Aunt Lindsay,

Lindsay I think you like my picture and I think the man let you laugh that's why I think he's funny. And I think you'll like the tree. And I asked daddy to make the flowers and he didn't make the flowers like I wanted . And my daddy made them like lines. 

I send this message to you, me, Heber, I send this message to you.

Heber insisted on the wording of the last line.

Of course just when I thought I was done, Olive caught wind of what we were doing and wanted in on the action. This was tough. She wanted to draw little hearts but demanded to do it on her own which she could not. So after two thrown fits this is what was made:



Aunt Lindsay,

Heart picture. A tree. A baby. I draw a heart.

I think she thought I was asking her what does she want to draw for Aunt Lindsay.

In short, we all love having Lindsay stay with us and exclusively to ourselves. She's a wonderful sister, friend and aunt.

2 comments:

  1. Augh!!! So sweet! I loved Hannah's little "prayer" ending to me (hope she doesn't think I am in heaven...). I had no idea all the stuff she was picking up on (being healthy). I love all the lightening bolts and the shoes we are wearing in her pic. I will have to zoom and study the pics. And Heber is always making sure he makes me laugh and is so super funny. I love his tree and the boy thinking of a star (so symbolic). And sweet Ollie Pop. As she always says... "what's that?" I miss them and can't wait to play with them again!!! Thanks for letting me stay here. Dont worry. I will clean up after the last party I throw Friday night. Teehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooooo cute! And how everything in Heber's had meaning and he didn't like your straight flowers ( you could've tried a little?)

    ReplyDelete