Monday, September 2, 2013

Passing Of My Father

Photo: Gary Allen Grandy 1952 - 2013
Our hearts are heavy because you are gone from this earth. You were a wonderful example of faith, strength, hope and love and so much more.  You learned much and taught us all. You live on in the lives of your eight wonderful children. We will see you again dear brother.


Rachel: "My idol during childhood, my mentor during my formative years, my friend, my dad. I am a better because of him. I love him dearly and miss him."
Aunt Lois: "Our hearts are heavy because you are gone from this earth. You were a wonderful example of faith, strength, hope and love and so much more. You learned much and taught us all. You live on in the lives of your eight wonderful children. We will see you again dear brother."
Rick: "Today one of my hero's past away. I will always love my father. — feeling sad."
Caleb: "My dad understood the responsibility that comes with being a father. I cannot count the hours and days we spent working together. He taught me how to break wild horses, swing a hammer, weld and build, shoot and hunt but most importantly he taught me to work hard. Thanks dad for the hours of late night talks, the wisdom you shared with a young teenager and the love. Thank you for your time. You understood that it was the most important and there wouldn't be enough of it so you spent it with us.
I wish he could have been here to teach my children some of the things he taught me but now the responsibility is mine. I am not worried, I have a great example to follow. I love you dad."
Amanda: "Its going to be sad and hard getting use to my new reality. I cant believe my dad is gone."
Jacob: "So yesterday my father pasted away. He has taught me how to work with a smile, a joke, and to tell a good story (weather it is true or not, it gotts to be a good story). He taught me how to look at things in a good way and to make good decisions. Even though he will be missed I take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place."
Seth: For you all who don't know, My Father past away last Thursday the 29th. Elder Vaughn J Featherstone & President Spencer W. Kimball once said:"Make no small plans, they have no magic to stir men's souls." Another quote which i don't know the reference says, "There are two types of people in this world, those who act and those who are acted upon, My father was one to act" This too was my father, he made no small plans, he was a man to act and he has stirred many souls including my own. love my father so much and will miss him emencly, he has shown me so much love and support. He taught me how to dream big, to rely on the Lord, to work hard and never give up, to be adventures, to be a problem solver, to be a creator and to build it strong, tough, practice and not aesthetically pleasing. ;) I know i will see him again. We will be united as a family again and then he can teach me all that he didn't get the chance too. I have the privileged of going out now and letting others know that there families can be together forever also. This Gospel is Amazing and it is true!
Angel: "My strength, my example, my comforter, my father but most of all my hero. Im grateful to have had such an wonderful man in my life. He was such an example of strength and courage and I woulnt be the person I am today without him. I love you daddy! Tell we meet again."

No comments:

Post a Comment