Friday, October 1, 2010

Walmart Employee

No, I am not working for Walmart. But I was there long enough yesterday to be an employee.

We had a flat on the way home from the Family History Center yesterday (we went to go to the temple but it was closed). We were on the 60 going full speed. So we stuck the spare on. We got home and put the kids down for a nap and I went to Walmart to get my the demolished tire replaced and an oil change. I got there a little after 2:00 and
left at 7:30!!!

Why?
  • Firstly they were understaffed, ironically overstaffed the day before
  • I told them I need a tire replace and they thought it needed repaired. Took a little while to change that around.
  • My order form said oil change then tire repair. They repaired the tire first and then parked it in the parking lot. So my paperwork didn't come through because it wasn't done. I pointed it out to them and then they brought it back into the shop.
  • My engine cap had somehow come off and black oil was sprayed all under my hood.
  • They could not change my oil or do anything to my car unless it had an engine cap because it was a liability.
  • They went over security video to make sure it wasn't them that misplaced the cap. It wasn't.
  • They felt bad that I had been there for hours now and told me that the oil change was free.
  • A good Samaritan drove me to an auto part store to get me a new engine cap.
  • I brought it back and they changed my oil but took two hours longer because they couldn't find some tool to take off air filter or something. Talmage later told me that they did it by hand.
  • An assistant manager (not the manager that I talked to earlier) rung up my bill. It was 140.00. After reexplaining my situation and showing my tire warranty for the hundredth time that day, I came out with a total of 0.00.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't mad at them at all. I just wanted to go home ...in a car that worked. The people waiting with me were so nice and felt so bad that I was sitting for so long. Talmage was so upset but couldn't do come and trade me spots because he didn't have our other car at the time and couldn't leave the kids at home. When all was said and done I was so exhausted and was so glad to be home!

The cherry-on-top was that I was sick all night, throwing up and still am today. I just have been pushing my body too hard for the last week or too and just need to rest. Even if I don't want to, I'd rather organize my garage.

2 comments:

  1. "because they couldn't find some tool to take off air filter or something."


    So do you mean Tool, as in some idiot? or an actual tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that prollem too but I took it to Taylor's House and he fized it with that big dang wrench of his.

    ReplyDelete